Monday 17 June 2013

Megson - Review

When I found out about reviewing the new album from Megson (When I was a lad) I was excited to hear something that was away from the 'norm' of what Rocket and I are used too.
 Rocket has grown up around music and is a very musical 3 year old who loves to sing and dance but I can't say he has ever been around Folk music! - until now!

Megson are a husband and wife duo of musicians who, after the birth of their little girl, decided to embark on a new project and came up with the album 'when I was a lad'.

Containing both original and traditional children's folk music, the album of 11 songs is a perfect mix for young and old alike. Rocket loves listening to the music in the car and I'm thankful that its a chilled out and almost relaxing album which after listening to it once it's familiar but after listening a few times you know all the songs!

One other thing I love is their accents! I'm a southerner and the way they sing 'ducks' tickles me ;)

I would really recommend everyone listen to this album if you have youngsters, its fun to get singing along and Rocket even thanked me for letting him listen today!

You can buy a copy from HERE :)

This album was sent to us for purpose of review, all opinions are my own and truthful.

No comments:

Post a Comment