Monday 17 June 2013

Joining the BLUE team!!

I was very lucky to have been gifted the majority of money (pre birthday) for a private gender scan at BabyBond. I've been waiting weeks and weeks for this moment, you have to be over 16 weeks for them to do the gender scan and I was 16 weeks and 1 day! ( I booked it literally as soon as i could ;) )

The day came and I scooted off to the clinic with my mum, dad and soon to be big brother Rocket!
The clinic was on an industrial site and when we walked in, we came straight to a coffee shop and a seating area and a lady told me to fill in a consent form and wait on the sofa, which we did.

They were running ahead of time so we didn't have to wait long even though we were early so that
was great!

We were taken through to a room, big enough to sit my dad and Rocket on a sofa and my mum came and sat next to me whilst the gel was put on my tummy... it was WARM!! I hadn't experienced warm gel before! it was a strange feeling!!

The ultrasound tech was very chatty and informative, she told us she had many years experience as a midwife before training to do this job. She made me feel really comfortable.

After looking at baby jumping around and heart beating (she pointed everything out) which actually seems a blur now as I think I was so worked up and excited to find out the sex I've forgotten most of the scan!! lol She headed in between baby's legs and tried to get it to move and said she thought she knew but wanted to make sure.. after a good 5-10 minutes I guessed and she confirmed (in her professional opinion) he was a little boy! Though going by the picture there is really no hiding it!

So YAY!!! I'm excited to be welcoming my second SON to my family in November and I can't wait to watch my boys grow up together!

No comments:

Post a Comment